Monday 22 March 2010

Tea and Scones

The weather was beautiful here yesterday so it was lovely to get out in the fresh air and not be shivering for a change. Hubby and went for a drive to a little village called Heydon which is about 10 miles or so from Norwich. It's like stepping back in time as it's very olde worlde and has been used as a filming location for several tv period films and dramas.

I had a scrummy cheese and herb scone in the little tea shop - hubby had a piece of lemon drizzle cake. I'm not really a cakey person - I love savoury things (unless it's chocolate which always wins hands down!). We thought we should really have a walk to burn off those calories so we went for a wander around the grounds of the beautiful Heydon Hall. I would love to live there - just imagine how many craft rooms you could fill up!
I meant to update my blog last week as I wanted to share some good news - my son got the job that he went for. He had the interview on the Friday and they rang him up on Saturday to say he'd got it. We're all so pleased for him - it was his very first interview so he did really well. It's a part time job as he's still at college so he's working Fridays and Saturdays and every other Sunday. He started last week and really enjoyed it. My baby boy is all grown up!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to your son for landing the job! Yay! :)

    What a lovely day you had yesterday - such fun! Sunshine, tea & scones, too. I am glad you enjoyed yourselves. And I agree with you - that IS a LOT of craft rooms! LOL

    Thank you for the beautiful photo. :)

    Diane

    ReplyDelete